This opportunity provides great working away allowances for a staff Quantity Surveyor who is willing to travel.
- Ask us about the package on offer for Quantity Surveyors based 50+ miles from the site.
We are currently working with a class leading engineering company who specialise in the design, manufacture, and installation of mechanical services across a number of sectors and UK wide.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with either Mechanical, HVAC or Plant Construction experience to join a highly successful commercial team working on one of the most challenging sites in Europe. The projects are dynamic and require an attentive and diplomatic approach.
Your experience as a Quantity Surveyor:
- Managing sub-contract packages
- A working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT contracts
- The ability to make autonomous decisions
- An understanding of programme scheduling
- Excellent client and supplier facing skills
- A working knowledge of lump sum environments
As you’ll likely be managing your own projects, we expect you to be able to demonstrate
experience and competence in the following areas as a minimum;
Project preliminary forecasts, Site Installation, and factory fabrication forecasts, Sub-contract package forecasts, Equipment Procurement forecasts, Analysing project progress with project cost expenditure.
Be capable of proactively managing change using the relevant mechanisms within the contract, such as;
– Monitoring and valuing change between the contract and latest documentation (drawings/specifications etc)
– Identifying potential changes to the contract scope
– Programme delays/unproductive working etc.
– Assessing sub-contract variation claims and ensuring only contractual entitlement is paid
Producing ITT documentation for sub-contractors/vendors incorporating all required contract scope in conjunction
with the project team and other key departments such as H&S/Quality, Carrying out comprehensive quotation analysis against project budgets and compliance with ITT, Attending/Chairing tender and final price negotiation meetings, Drafting and raising sub-contract packages in conjunction with the commercial director/legal department, Raising purchase orders incorporating all required contractual documentation.
Internal & External Reporting
Be capable of completing all required project commercial reporting documents such as the following;
Monthly project cost/status report (including costs to date/liability forecasts/cash position etc), Revenue Forecasts, Cash Flow Forecasts, Client commercial reports (such as Earned Value/EAC etc.), Variation Registers (internal & external).
If you are seeking an opportunity to work on interesting projects whilst developing your career then this could be for you. Apply now and one of our consultants will call you back to discuss your application.
Atomic Talent is an equal opportunities recruiter. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants and do not discriminate on age, race, disability, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.